Santa Monica, Calif. – May 27, 2014 – Nickelodeon and KIDROBOT have joined creative forces for the launch of an exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Kidrobot capsule collection. Featuring designs from the CG-animated Nickelodeon series and the classic 1980s comics, the new line includes keychains, 3 inch vinyl mini-figures, 7 inch vinyl medium figures, apparel and more. Beginning this month, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Kidrobot product line will be available at KIDROBOT retail stores, Kidrobot.com and select specialty stores.
“There is a very rich legacy with the Turtles franchise, which we gravitated towards when designing the line. We tailored our design cues and character selection based on the cult classic 80’s Turtles,” said Galen McKamy, Creative Director of KIDROBOT. “Most of us at KIDROBOT grew up with the Turtles, so naturally we are excited to rally behind the property. To put it frankly, we love this line. We could not be more thrilled to launch this to the world.”
“We’re thrilled to partner with Kidrobot on this brand-new collection of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles products for kids and adults,” said Manuel Torres, Senior Vice President, Global Toys and Publishing, Nickelodeon Consumer Products. “KIDROBOT’s creative stamp on the hit-franchise will be sure to please both new and existing fans.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x KIDROBOT product line includes:
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Key Chains – Assortment includes 10 fully sculpted and deco’d characters in the classic ‘80s style. Characters include: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Splinter, Foot Clan, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady and the Kraang. $5.99
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 inch Vinyl Mini Series – Assortment includes 10 franchise characters in classic ‘80s style. Characters include: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Splinter, Foot Clan, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady and the Kraang. – $11.99
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 inch Vinyl Ooze Action Blister Card Series – This special Ooze Action line glows in the dark and pays homage to what was on the shelf in the ‘80s. $9.99
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7 inch Vinyl Bebop and Rocksteady –These 7 inch franchise hit characters feature unique head sculpts and weapon accessories. $49.99
• Apparel- Apparel line feature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles heroes and villains on hats and t-shirts for both kids and adults. $18.00 – $28.00
“Kidrobot is proud to partner with Nickelodeon to bring classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to fans like never before,” said Allen Richardson, Kidrobot’s Director of Marketing and Licensing. “Combining Kidrobot’s distinctive design with the Turtles’ everlasting appeal, we are able to create a collectible line that speaks to both classic fans and newer ones alike.”
Preview the capsule here: http://issuu.com/notforsissies/docs/tmnt_lookbook_v1
Considered one of the most popular kids’ entertainment brands of the 1980s, and inspired by the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show from 1988, Kidrobot has specifically set out to pay homage in the classic form. Additionally, this will also tie in to the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from Paramount Pictures releasing August 8th and inspired by the authentic Turtle look from the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
Founded in 2002, Kidrobot is acknowledged worldwide as the premier creator and dealer of limited edition art toys, signature apparel and lifestyle accessories. An innovative cross between sculpture and conceptual art, Kidrobot offers not only a powerful medium for today’s international fashion designers, illustrators and graffiti artists, but also the creative canvas for emerging street trends and pop art. Kidrobot toys retail anywhere from $5 to $25,000, and many appreciate in value over time. Kidrobot showcases and sells its unique take on contemporary culture at Kidrobot stores in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boulder, and Las Vegas with temporary pop‐up stores appearing cities worldwide. Our products can be found online at Kidrobot.com and in select retailers worldwide.
Nickelodeon, now in its 35th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 19 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B).
For Press Inquiries: