Collecting toys doesn’t mean lining them up on the shelf for Laurel & Gabe. Check out their bouquet of “Doppelflowers” and instructions on how you can do it yourself.
Inspiration: A colorful bouquet of flowers
1) miniTotem Doppelgangers ($4.95 each)
2) green pipe cleaners ($1.50)
3) spool of wire ($5.95)
4) black tissue paper ($2.50)
5) a vase (you probably have one of these kicking around)
Total Cost: Varies, depending on how many “flowers” you want
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
How To DIY:
1) Shred the black tissue paper into small strands, you will use this to stuff the vase and help hold the flowers in place.
2) To make the stems cut strands of wire ranging in length from 9-15 inches. Holding a a green piper cleaner and the wire at the tip, twist the pipe cleaner around to give it a stem look.
3) Grab your miniTotem Doppelganger and stuff about 1 inch of twisted wire/pipe cleaner into the preexisting hole at the bottom of the ghost.
4) Repeat this process depending on how many doppleflowers you plan to make.
5) Stuff the base of the vase with some of the shredded tissue paper, insert all of your doppleflowers and arrange them as needed. Using a pen stuff the remaining tissue paper into place, holding the stems where you’d like them to stay in place.