Collecting toys doesn’t mean lining them up on the shelf for Laurel & Gabe. Check out their bouquet of “Doppelflowers” and instructions on how you can do it yourself.
Submitted by Laurel & Gabe
Inspiration: A colorful bouquet of flowers
1) miniTotem Doppelgangers ($4.95 each)
2) green pipe cleaners ($1.50)
3) spool of wire ($5.95)
4) black tissue paper ($2.50)
5) a vase (you probably have one of these kicking around)
Total Cost: Varies, depending on how many “flowers” you want
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
How To DIY:
1) Shred the black tissue paper into small strands, you will use this to stuff the vase and help hold the flowers in place.
2) To make the stems cut strands of wire ranging in length from 9-15 inches. Holding a a green piper cleaner and the wire at the tip, twist the pipe cleaner around to give it a stem look.
3) Grab your miniTotem Doppelganger and stuff about 1 inch of twisted wire/pipe cleaner into the preexisting hole at the bottom of the ghost.
4) Repeat this process depending on how many doppleflowers you plan to make.
5) Stuff the base of the vase with some of the shredded tissue paper, insert all of your doppleflowers and arrange them as needed. Using a pen stuff the remaining tissue paper into place, holding the stems where you’d like them to stay in place.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Kidrobot is excited to release South Park: The Fractured But Whole Mini Series & The Coon 7″ Medium Figure! The brand new mini series features the superhero group assembled by The Coon. Each mini figure stands 3″ tall and comes packaged in a … Continued
Chris Holt, aka The Toy Viking, is back for another blog! This time he discusses Frank Kozik’s Labbit the Barbarian Screen Print! Kidrobot knows you cant go decorating your mead hall with those inspirational posters with quotes like “Soar to your … Continued
The post Frank Kozik’s Labbit the Barbarian Screen Print Now Available! appeared first on Kidrobot Blog.
Kidrobot is proud to announce their collaboration with Milwaukee-based artist Scott Wilkowski! Known for his Infected and X-Ray Action versions of popular designer toys, Wilkowski has infected one of the most famous platforms of all time: Kidrobot’s Dunny! Standing 3-inches tall, his … Continued
The post Now Available from Kidrobot: Cryogenic Blue Infected Dunny by Scott Wilkowski appeared first on Kidrobot Blog.