Getting to Know the Kidrobot Crew – Julia Simons
That… Julia Simons… is a piece of ace. This girl is always on point… please read below for more information on Julia “bestofthebest” Simons.
- Name: Julia Simons
- Job Description: Lead Toy Development Specialist. In short I work with our artists, licensors, and factories to develop our products. Most of my work consists of coordinating the approval of sculpts, prototypes, and final samples and then communicating all comments back to the factories prior to mass production.
- How long have you worked for KR?: 3 years
- One thing on your bucket list (give a why). You know that raclette cheese thing where they melt a whole wheel of cheese and then scrape it on to some bread or potatoes? That. I want to try is because cheese is my first love.
- One of your favorite KR products or the first one you owned? Tough question but I would say my favorite is the 3” Arlequine Dunny by Koralie.
- Roses are red, violets are blue…….. Corgis.
- What about Kidrobot or art culture is your favorite? What I like about Kidrobot is that it always seems to take a step out of the norm. There are many ways to incorporate design into your life, but Kidrobot has a way of doing so that really makes you think.
There is a time and a place for everything and most people are not gifted with knowing when and when not to say something..except this girl. She also happens to be that person who just when you think you know what she is going to say, you’re wrong and it’s so much better than what you thought. This lady is calculated, intelligent, down to earth and knows exactly what to do/say/wear/go. Kidrobot can always count on her for pretty much anything, especially if you’re looking for someone to respond to the movie quote you just threw into the situation or laugh at your jokes (if they are worthy of such a response.)
Julia, you’re the most strategic thing since the Spanish Armada and Kidrobot is super lucky to have you around….corgis.
Also in Kidrobot Blog: Art, Design & Pop Culture | Kidrobot.com
Q & A with Toy Designer One-Eyed Girl AKA Kasey Tararuj on release of The Rejects - Dark Chocolate Edition on Kidrobot.com. "I’ve been paralyzed and in a wheelchair for almost 20 years and I spent so much of that time creating all this weird, emotional art to help deal with it. I got to a point where that got old and making these silly characters was way more therapeutic than trying to put my feelings into a painting. So now I make my little guys to make myself laugh or smile and hope that it does the same for others." -One-Eyed Girl AKA Kasey Tararuj
The post Q & A with Toy Designer One-Eyed Girl AKA Kasey Tararuj appeared first on Kidrobot Blog.
A few years ago, a member of the Kidrobot team met architect and Locknesters founder Fleet Hower at a trade show. At this show, Locknesters was introducing BEAR, their first three-dimensional puzzle bear figure...
The post The Story Behind the Locknester Puzzle Dunny & How They Are Made appeared first on Kidrobot Blog.
Fleet Hower of LOCKNESTERS has temporarily converted their New York-based studio from the production of art decor items like the Puzzle Dunny to the production of face shield visors for health care workers due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The post LOCKNESTERS CREATING FACE SHIELDS FOR COVID-19 HEALTH CARE WORKERS appeared first on Kidrobot Blog.