Junior Designer Position at Kidrobot
POSITION TITLE: Junior Designer
DEPARTMENT: Creative Department
LOCATION: Broomfield, CO
Kidrobot is a fast paced, rapidly growing, privately held company headquartered in Broomfield, CO. Kidrobot is the premiere creator, manufacturer and retailer of limited edition art toys, apparel, media, lifestyle products and collectibles. In addition to our art products, Kidrobot works with some of the top entertainment properties in the world to bring Kidrobot’s signature style to their license through toys and collectibles. Kidrobot distributes our products worldwide through thousands of select retailers, distributors and through our website Kidrobot.com.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Kidrobot is looking for a strong Junior Designer to join the in-house creative department. The position requires an exceptionally creative and focused individual who is detail oriented.
The position will be heavily involved in preparing various technical drawings, product design, and packaging files. This ideal design candidate will also assist in any other creative needs as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to take positive critique and direction from the creative director and project managers as well as effectively communicate, collaborate, organize internal workflow and take initiative. They will be involved in various design projects and be held responsible for finishing projects on-time in a very fast paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to interpret creative briefs, distill information (pertaining to various projects) and report up to general manager.
- 0-2 years product / character design experience
- Colorado residents only
- Packaging design experience
- Familiarity in manufacturing processes is a plus
- Strong knowledge of typographical principles, layout and an innate sense of style
- Press experience, as well as experience preparing and optimizing files for offset printing a must
- Knowledge and sensitivity to interactive design principles, usability and online branding
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
- Ability to interpret 2D drawings in 3D
- Strong / rapid sketching ability
- Deadline oriented, excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, organized and the ability to excel both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- A great portfolio showcasing your experience
- Knowledge of the Kidrobot brand, designer art toy scene, consumer and the history of Kidrobot is a plus
To apply, please submit the following items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- PDF sample of your work (5MB or less)
- Link to your portfolio website
- Reference list