Job Opening: Toy Product Line Manager
Kidrobot is seeking a Toy Product Line Manager in its Boulder, CO office.
As Kidrobot's Toy Product Line Manager, you will be responsible for creating, owning, and championing the overall strategic vision and direction of the Toy category. Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, the Toy Product Line manager is the category expert and is responsible for building the Kidrobot brand, business plan development and cross-functional team leadership - all with a relevant focus on the target consumer and key competition (current/future) within each unique market and sales channel.
- - Develop and merchandise seasonal business & product line plans that meet the needs of the Kidrobot consumer, the targeted sales channels & company revenue goals
- - Oversee the merchandising calendar to ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner
- - Develop product briefs which clearly and effectively communicate concepts to the Creative teams
- - Actively integrate with all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that strategic initiatives and go-to-market strategies are well integrated
- - Encourage and maintain constant communication and feedback amongst all organizational partners
- - Works seamlessly with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop and maximize brand/category initiatives
- - Partner closely with all Sales leads (Retail, Ecom and Wholesale) to maximize brand/category opportunities
- - Prepare and present high profile merchandising and product presentations to internal personnel, sales and key accounts addressing global market position, strategic initiatives and seasonal line themes
- - Responsible for establishing and maintaining international wholesale and retail cost structures
- - Collaborate with the Development and Creative teams to achieve established margin goals
- - Track product profitability by balancing product intent and quality with margin goals
- - Collaborate with the Production and Operation teams to define a seasonal forecast for each style while constantly monitoring and adjusting as necessary
- - Track and create reports through internal and industry data mining which summarize sales information, competitive landscape and trends that facilitate business planning decisions
- - Create, edit & proof product information for seasonal sales / marketing collateral - workbooks, catalogs, etc.
- - Create and update all necessary product information to maintain integrity across all information systems
- - Attend key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentations and trend/market research
- - Understand and embrace the industry, consumer, and culture - including Kidrobot competitive positioning
- - Actively research and observe the competitive landscape on a design, pricing and marketing standpoint to keep the brand ahead of its competitors
- - Demonstrate visionary ability in order to keep the brand moving forward
Candidates should possess the following education, experience and other qualifications before applying for this position.
- - 5+ years consumer product merchandising experience
- - Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- - Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action
- - Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- - Possess a strong point of view, sense of style and design in a broad definition
- - Have strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- - Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- - Understand the importance of meeting calendar dates
- - Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications associated with this position.
Please send an email to email@example.com.
Kidrobot is a rapidly growing, privately held company and the premiere creator and retailer of limited edition toys, apparel, media and lifestyle products. Kidrobot's products fuse urban street trends with creative design and fine art to produce limited edition, collectible pieces of art and a diversified product range appealing to a broader spectrum of consumers.
Kidrobot operates store-galleries in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Las Vegas and Boulder. Kidrobot is also online at http://www.kidrobot.com.